A work meeting of Subgroup 3 on Development and Matching of Detailed Methodical Recommendations for Accounting of Basin-Wide Costs, Data Collection and Assessment of Actual Damage from Amudarya and Syrdarya Water Resources Use Regimes was held in Tashkent on 2-3 October 2007 within the framework of the ADB RETA 6163 “Improved Management of Shared Water Resources in Central Asia”.
The aim of this meeting was to make up a list of annual basin-wide costs of the states and assess actual damage from Amudarya and Syrdarya water resources use regimes.
The participants of the meeting were:
- Rustam Karimovich Yusupov, Group Leader, Key Specialist, Ministry of Land Reclamation and Water Resources, Republic of Tajikistan;
- Viktor Veniaminovich Khegay, Key Specialist, SIC ICWC
- Mered Khaytliyevich Akmuradov, Chief of Reclamation Department, Ministry of Water Resources, Turkmenistan;
- Bakhadyr Matkarimovich Khudaybergenov, Deputy Chief of Department, Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources, Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Oleg Grigoryevich Lysenko, Manager of Water Division, BWO Amudarya;
- Yekaterina Pavlovna Sakhvayeva, Key Specialist, Water Department, Ministry of Agriculture, Water Resourcs and Processing Industry, Kyrgyz Republic;
- Kamitzhan Pulatov, Adviser of Chairman, Committee for Water Resources, Ministry of Agriculture, Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Aleksandr Loktionov, Manager of Division, BWO Syrdarya.
Following the presentations made by Project Director V.A. Dukhovny and Leader of Subgroup 3 R.K. Yusupov and exchange of opinions, the participants decided on the following:
- The developed List of annual basin-wide costs of the states and the Assessment of actual damage from Amudarya and Syrdarya water resources use regimes shall be recommended for consideration of ICWC.
- National Working Groups (NWG) shall reserve the right to make amendments and supplements to the List of annual basin-wide costs of the states and Assessment of actual damage from Amudarya and Syrdarya water resources use regimes.
- NWG members to Subgroup 3 shall submit their methodical recommendations on the adopted items of the List not later than 15 November 2007.